Friday, July 23, 2010

Forged Heart

To live to love
to love to live
to give to take
to take to give
I live this life
I give this life
I love this life
He touched .. this life
Feeling blessed, as though I need no longer worry
excitedly grab my papers in my bookbag in a hurry
Scrub my face, rush out the door
Poptart in my mouth as I plop on the floor
Pull out my pens, my paper, my notes
stick my tongue out to the side as I'm bursting with hope
Eyes open wide, glistening with youthful joy
ears properly cleaned to navigate the canals in his hoy
Weighed down by the knowledge that just keeps on growing
Raise my hand eager to show that my learnings weren't plateauing
As I'm called I stand, and tidy my bow ..
"I've forged my heart with God .. so I'm good .. ya know?"

Ya boi!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like something I would have written about 10 years ago when I was fervent and zealous. I love the detail and visual imagery of this piece. I can see you w/ the Poptart and your tongue sticking out, lol.

    ReplyDelete