Monday, January 25, 2010

Intentions

What do you, intend to do, when these people show their colors in true?
Walk away, or face and stay, to bring sunshine to their lives each day?
I wonder why, so many try, and seem to always fail
Makes no sense, without pretense, the tragedy that lay in suspense

I have so few people in my life, that I try to cherish the ones that I do
though at times I have failed, and I know that it's pale, but trust me when I say to you
You're my friends, you're my pals, you're the people who keep me sane
You're the strength I can depend on when my roots are soiled with too much rain
In, West Philadelphia, born and raised, on a playground is where I spent most of my days ..
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' .. wait .. that's the Fresh Prince jingle .. my bad
Born and raised in Queens, then moved out the Island
constantly back and forth, and in younger days I would be whillin'
Acting a fool, and doing things I know I shouldn't
but my friends stayed my side, and without them I really couldn't
have regained .. the me I truly longed to be
While I questioned their intentions now I know that I am free
of the thoughts .. because I know it's a genuine care
we just pray the best for each other even when we don't say it in ear
Intentions intended with only the intent of the intended
I never thought that I would miss yall, as pillars that I depended
on .. but even when gone I know you're close
like by extension of finger to face, and placed squarely on the nose
Right before my eyes, just have to look and there you are
it brings solace to my heart knowing that you will emotionally not be far
So now with your intentions known as pure, I can lay my head down in ease
because I know your words intentions, and it sincerely makes me cheese

Walking down ..
this path that I really don't know
Something so new to me that I have to endure it while I grow
The pains and pangs, that so slowly chew away at my heart
have to be braved and trampled on
until the healing can begin to start
As I purse my lips to the mouthpiece of my brass
I inhale all the negativity that I've accumulated up till the last
Moisten my lips, and slowly I close my eyes
drown out the world as I prepare to play my life
Out comes the breath, with such force and disclosure
A"s, B's, and C's, belt out of my Baritone with no composure
Then to E's, and F's .. and the G's even too
Low notes slowly sooth out as the melody takes its tune
playing out the story of my life, with tears streaking down my face
letting go of the past and firmly putting it in its place
clearing the spit valve as I continue with my song
wondering why I've held back this pain for oh so long
Why ..
what was the purpose of this story?
why did it take so long to play it out in all it's glory?
No fingers, valve 1, valve 2, valve 1&3
valve 2&3, valve 3, you know, just to be complete
random notes, but somehow they echo my life so pure
exemplary perfection is my songs final perfect score

No comments:

Post a Comment