Friday, January 8, 2010

Our Love

The way that our love feels is like ..
that feeling you get when you see your grandmothers smile
so deep and warm into the depth of your being
that all seeing and never depleting feeling that's constantly reeling
and congealing into something that's persistent in its meaning
She makes me feel warm in the coldest of cold
slowly caressing my body with her words, embracing me with things she says
tenderly tracing the outline of my body with her idioms from toe to head
And instead, I feel her heart beat slowly as we snuggle up for bed
all my roads in life finally brought me to the one I should be led
Chocolate skin, deep love filled eyes ..
heart full of joy and pain, yet all we do .. to no surprise
is speak about the future which we know we're destined for great
slowly sit back and relate the things we know that we can't change
God has a plan, so we let it unfold as the plot
of that late 60's movie with the bad guy and the cop
Deep hues of black and white, saturate the crimson night
frame by frame motion as the plot thickens in its might
bam, zam, kaboom, kapow!
Our love breaks down all barriers and transcends them with ease on brow
mmm ..
finger lickin goood ..
man .. I love our love with love
this love reminds me of being hurt as a child, but getting right back up
with my mothers tender kiss, the pain slowly eases away ..
and entranced once more by the joy that has broken through the pain
While we have our ups and downs, our tender kisses heal our wounds
like the loving parents adore, by rubbing the stomach when a baby is in the womb

No comments:

Post a Comment