Friday, December 18, 2009

Lifetime

Living my life, in time I guess we can finally see
the decisions that we make and how they impact us negatively
All that we can, is move on towards the still coming
and glance back over our shoulders to make sure we are still running
As certain times get nearer, I guess these tensions rise
though I see the sadness, that still lingers in your eyes
I'm putting my want on hold, putting the future in high regard
but that same thought of logic is what's making this so hard
To not be near is cruel, to be far from coming much worse
and even though it's coming, this time lost still really hurts
I go through days without you, my beautiful Queen in life
and I miss you so much every day, not just because you are my wife
But because you are my heart, you give me strength when I am down
and no matter what hard days lie ahead, it's always simple with you around
Time is moving slowly, it's like everything is a blur
if only we could change the flow with ease in simple words
So I sit here with my heart wandering, my mind is in the clouds
bursting at the seams with how much I want to scream out loud
I MISS HER, I LOVE HER, I WANT TO BE BY HER SIDE!
WHY IS THIS TAKING SO LONG, MY FEELINGS I CAN NEVER HIDE
SHE MAKES THE TIME SEEM SPECIAL, SHE WARMS MY HEART WHEN COLD
SHE IS THE LIGHT WHEN THERE IS DARKNESS, SHE IS THE SOIL THAT HELPS ME GROW
To finally be together, and enjoy each joy right beside
one another is something, that finally we won't be deprived
So as we count down these days slowly, and make headway to the day
we just turn to God and his greatness, and for this each night we Pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment