Monday, November 2, 2009

God

While I don't know you like I know I should know you
just know that I want to get to know you how I should know you
You exist, I know you do, and you know that I know you do
sometimes I just don't do what I know I should do when it comes to knowing you.
You have given me so much, and I know that you have done it
Sometimes I just find it so rough, need to find the time to really sit
Listen
this is your intermission
you've told me to believe
and you've sent me on a mission
I've struggled so much, with all my pains of the past
and you know of my struggles and why I've held on to this wrath
I've cried so many nights, and asked if you were real
because of all the lies and complex emotions that I would feel
The deception of so many churches, the guise of their agendas
all beckoning me to join and to indulge in their haciendas
With my adventures of the past, I thought you'd never forgive
that you hated me, you loathed me, that I had to live with my sins
That you'd turned your back on me, because I didn't do as I was told
that because I took my time, that my soul had really been sold
Cried so many nights, tears streaking down my face
felt like a fallen angel, living my life in such disgrace
I rejected you so much, because it just didn't make sense
I wanted your grace so bad, but felt you'd already taken offense
So I sat and I pondered, and lived my life in painful thought
but deep in my heart, I'd known I'd already been bought
Sold my soul to the worldly things, when it doesn't belong
It was yours, and yours only .. I've known it all along
And now there she sat, yes, with her own struggles too
but you brought us together .. I guess you knew we were fools
Hah, you make me laugh with your constant way of showing
but us two fools took so long to see .. without even knowing
You brought her around, and gave her your shine
and now with her so bright .. I'm slowly regaining mine

Love God .. Love life.

No comments:

Post a Comment