Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Today

Today was just another day, a day like any other day
except in the way that today happened to unfold and play
frustrations with work constantly becoming a buzz
to quit reaches my mind while it's lost in its fuzz
Static, rational thought waves subdued
in comes the calamity with more idiocy in pursuit
I reach for my hair to try and pluck it from my head
yet I have none to pull, so I start to pick at my nails instead
Frustrations released, this job makes me nuts
I know I should be grateful, but geez, this job really sucks
Only a short time longer, bear it, I must endure
because I'm reaching for a better future, with my wifes presence constantly in store
So I rant and I rave, and I fume out the top
it's one way to release, and helps the foolishness stop
I look back on the years, and time vested is true
so when finally I leave, the frustrations will have paid due
With Gods words I am calmed, and can now address my day
His arms embrace my soul, and calm it in only HIS way.

No comments:

Post a Comment